Åbent køkken / stue, 1 soveværelse, bad, screenet i våbenhuset og private dock
Jim & Jeanette Bowman
100% refunderes, hvis der afbestilles senest 14 dage inden ankomstdato. 50% refunderes, hvis der afbestilles senest 7 dage inden ankomstdato.
Peaceful property, small but big enough for a couple. The slope to get to the road is a little steep but we managed just fine. Loved being able to grill out and relax. My only comment would be I wish the bed were just a size bigger. All in all a nice getaway from the normal life, and the lake is absolutely beautiful
Needs to be listed as fisherman's cottage
The owner was very sweet and I feel bad not giving the cottage higher marks, but I wish i had been warned about what we were getting into. It needed a good deep cleaning. Upon first entering it seemed clean enough but I believe it only had quick surface cleaning and was not up to par with comparable VRBO cottages. Examples: Mouse visited each night, Snail crawling up closet door, night-crawlers left in fridge with some of the dirt and sticky stuff left on the bottom shelf, half used stick of butter outdated mayo etc. on shelf, blankets smell like wet dog with air freshner sprayed to cover it up, the bed is not supported in the front and tips everytime you sit on the front half. I had informed the owner that our 2 adult children and granddaughter would be spending the last night with us and asked if we should bring extra linens. She thought there would be plenty. We ended up having only one extra sheet and the dog smelling blankets. The lane was very steep and washed out. Our Honda CRV bottomed out and spun as we drove out. The only way to get out to the lake is to bring your own boat, but you might find it difficult to get it down the hill into the water. there is a marina but they don't rent boats. My husband did enjoy fishing off the dock. The shore area is overgrown and too steep from which to fish. The cottage would be an ok place for fishermen who don't mind roughing it, but it needs to be listed as such
Sorry our cabin was not up to your liking. All rentals are different & can not be combined as 1 group for comparability.
As its stated in our viewing:
* Road & hill are steep. Not for low cars. I informed you we had 2 days of downpours of rain prior to your check in.
You were directed to use other entrance.
* As for linens, I personally washed the linens myself. We may use different detergents. Wasnt aware Gain smells like wet dogs. If there was not enough linens you shouldve just imformed me and I couldve brought more.
* As stated on our viewing as well, we have an age limit of over 18. I asked how old girls were & you stated adults.
* You had said your husband was going to fish so we left bait for him.
* The dock is to fish from "on the lake."
We do not provide shoreline fishing since its very deep. Thats what the docks for. We do not provide a boat ramp. Most who bring boats go to the public boat ramp to put their boat in. As for boat rental thats business w/marina.
* Some people bring kayaks. Which i offered you a free day on 1 of ours since you said youd never been on 1.
* As most know when you stay in the woods you are the guest of the wildlife as well. We try our best to deter our critters as much as possible. Some are out of our hands.
Maybe I can suggest our friends 2 story cabin w/8 flights of stairs to a 10 x 10 dock for $265 a night or Gatlinburg.
Again sorry it wasnt up to your liking.
Great Cabin with Private Dock
This cabin is as advertised. Its cozy and was clean. They were great hosts. Will definitely return.
We enjoyed our stay in this rustic, peaceful and quite cabin.
From the booking to after our stay the property owners were wonderful. We will definitely stay again.
Thanks Ryan for the nice review🙂
Next time bring your sweetie & those 2 Belgian babies.
Jeanette & Jim
Perfect get away Stay!
Jeanette is the best hostess you could ask for! The cabin is perfect, beautiful inside & cute decor - the porch is Amazing - we enjoyed the dock, just lounging and catching some rays! Our purpose was to visit an ATV park that was a good 18 miles away, this place made it all worth the driving! An awesome little place to disconnect & relax! Thank You Jim & Jeanette !!! Yep
EXIT 41-Tænd W-80 mod Somerset
Out 4 miles-Right on Hawk Creek Rd. (Otts General Store / Gas station i bakke / hjørne. Lige gennem fire måde stoppe.
Gå 4 miles til Hawk Ridge Rd. (Vil passere cremefarvet privatliv hegn & rulle postkasser. Videre på vej. GÅ IKKE LEFT TO MAIN DOCK)
Road bliver til grus. Vi er 1. vej på venstre. R. Shell Circle. Der er navne på indlæg.
Følg vejen forbi lyseblå & grønne hus på venstre. Gør skarpe "S" vende gå ned hill. Cabin på højre med rødt tag.
* Daniel Boone National Forest-Vandre- / cykelstier, Wildcat ATV & off road park & Wildcat Harley Davidson butik. London Exit 38 & 41
* Renfro Valley-Country Music Hall of Fame. Store præstationer af country musik fra Merle Haggard til Travis Tritt, bluegrass og evangeliet. Mt. Vernon Exit 62
* Cumberland Falls State Park-Niagara Falls i syd vandfald. Forside af de eneste "moonbow" i Nordamerika. Kano, whitewater rafting, Splash vandland, Wipeout Wave Pool, minigolf & Thunder Road Go-Karts. Williamsburg Exit 10
* Somernites Best Car Show Cruise In-Hver 4. lørdag i måneden fra april til oktober. Exit 41