Dr. Ruth Dick
- Engelsk, Fransk, Tysk, Spansk, Portugisisk, Italiensk
100% refunderes, hvis der afbestilles senest 30 dage inden ankomstdato. 50% refunderes, hvis der afbestilles senest 14 dage inden ankomstdato.
Fantastic apartment in a quiet neighbourhood
Ruth’s apartment was excellent. We are a family of five and it had plenty of room for everyone. Also great to have a full kitchen for our use. Would rent this again if the opportunity arose.
Loved our stay!
Great place..... like staying at your Austrian Oma’s house!! So fun!
Ruth's place was perfect for the celebration of our 46th wedding anniversary! It is located in a quiet neighborhood yet in walking distance to a bus that goes directly to historical Salzburg. It's also close to a couple of restaurants and a grocery store.
Ruth is a great communicator, answering not only our questions but giving good ideas of what to do and see. We would definitely go again ~ perhaps for our 50th!?
Spacious and clean
This flat was very spacious and clean. It was very comfortable with two large bedrooms and very well equipped kitchen. Unfortunately, there was no AC but the landlady did provide us with a fan.
Lovely, large, quiet apartment
This is a really nice place in a quiet neighborhood only a 15 minute walk from the historic area. Dr. Ruth Dick was in contact with us as well as having another person in the building available for any assistance we needed. Was great to have a washer and dryer mid-way through a 3 week trip to Europe.
Great Location in Quiet Neighborhood
Here are thoughts & suggestions from 2 retired Americans on a 3 week vacation in Italy, Austria, and Germany. We stayed at 7 VRBO homes (2 Bed & Breakfasts, 4 apartments, and 1 efficiency).
General Experiences at all VRBOs:
- Tax: almost all places collect a special tax (~ a couple euro/person/night) often not mentioned in the offered price.
- Wash Cloth: Europeans have a different approach apparently. Most rentals do not provide wash cloths. Bring your own or go to store and purchase.
- Rental Type: Set your expectations properly by understanding the difference between bed & breakfast, apartment, and efficiency.
- Address: It seems HomeAway suggests the Rentees provide the address only 1 week or less before the rental date. Unfortunately this makes travel planning for longer trips more complicated. It would be nice if they provided actual address 3 weeks before rental date.
- Business Hours: It was interesting dealing with business hours in different countries. We started in Rome where almost everything was closed in early afternoon and then open very late into the night. Then when in Austria, we had to search hard to find open stores after 6pm. We also ran into multiple non-standard holiday issues that affected when businesses were available.
- Google & Apple Maps: Don’t always trust Electronic Maps for directions. Use your common sense. Google Maps routed us on a 1-2 miles walk to catch a bus that was only 1-2 blocks away.
- Laundry: Many places had washers, but plan to air dry clothes.
Specific to Salzburg:
Since Dr Ruth was out of country, she had her house keeper help us get into her apartment. The apartment was very good sized and comfortable. We walked several blocks (~0.5 mile) to local grocery store and cooked supper in her kitchen. Her place was convenient for walking to old downtown Salzburg (we walked to HohenSalzburg and to Sound of Music tour). Quaint neighborhood was quiet. Weather kept us from enjoying her balcony since the clouds concealed the mountains.