Hus, 5 soveværelser, 4. 5 badeværelser, (sovepladser 12)
Great location but house with some issues
It is a beautiful property in a great location. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but a few glaring issues put a damper on our impression.
1. Dishwasher: when we arrived the dishes in the cupboard were dirty with baked-on food. We had to wash all the dishes by hand before we could use them. We discovered that the dishwasher does not work. The capsule never deploys and even when you place it capsule in the bottom, the dishes still come out dirty.
2. Upon our arrival, several beds were not made up, and there were items still running in the dryer. One bed had no bedspread. The manager Rich did come over in the evening to make the beds and deliver another bedspread, but we would have appreciated being able to arrive with the house in order
3. Internet: we had less than 24 hours of functioning internet during the whole week. There were several in our party who required internet access so they could work during the week, so obviously this impacted their stay. We informed management right away that the internet was not working, and while the manager Rich did come and look at it, we could not get a service appointment from the cable company until 5 days into our stay, and then it only worked for less than 24 hours. We reported it again, but were told there is nothing that could be done since it is a cable company issue.
4. Master bedroom overhead light: there must be a short or something in the wiring. The light comes on spontaneously any time of the day or night. It is especially annoying when the light comes on by itself several times during the night. The manager Rich did look at it and deemed it “OK” but the light continued to come on spontaneously anytime of the day or night throughout our whole week.
5. Smoke alarms: the alarms came on 3 times during the night on our last night there. There was no smoke, no fire, no one was cooking. Does the system need new batteries or service? Needless to say, no one got any sleep the last night.
6. The pool was dirty every day from ambient debris. We didn't see anyone come to skim the pool all week. Seems a daily skimming needs to be done as part of the routine services provided to the tenants
7. The photos of the property show a boarded walkway from the house to the beach along with a bench at the end of the walkway, and is the main reason we rented here. It does not exist and members of our party with limited mobility were unable to access the beach from the house.
Stacie-Glad you liked the house and area and very sorry you had issues while staying here. Apologies that these issues occurred during your stay. We are working on fixing issues with the Internet Service Provider, housekeeping updating check in cleaning issues that may extend check in times. We have updated the information in regards to the walkway to the beach only reaching the top of the dune since the beach has taken over the stairs to the beach. Thanks for letting us know about these issues with hopes we will be able to keep them happening again.
We have stayed in the outer banks several times this house was in great location and perfect for our family - we will come back.
Lisa, We loved having you at SEAQUESTER and look forward to you visiting again soon.
Memorial Day at Seaquester
This property was amazing and the perfect setting for our family vacation. The house was clean and in wonderful condition. We will definitely be staying at this property in the future and would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Outer Banks!
It was great having you stay at SEAQUESTER. Thanks for taking the time to pass on your recommendation. Hope to see you soon
We loved the Seaquester! There was enough room for our entire family and the view is spectacular. We loved the floors and that we could bring our pups. The pool was great and the fact that we could heat it even better. There is a small hike over the dune because of the dune taking over the walkway, but there is level beach access just a house down for the public so it's not bad at all. There were floats for the pool, toys for the kiddos for the sand, a beach umbrella, although it was only the top half so hopefully they leave a new one for next year. We really enjoyed out stay. I hope thataybe in the future they add an ice maker on the lower level and a bathroom for the pool only so that you don't have to walk up to your room to use the bathroom from the pool. The one on the lower level is connected to the lower bedroom, so it's not really ok to use if someone is staying there. I also would love to see a refrigerator on the lower level too, maybe in the future?? All in all, we loved it so much we already booked for next year! Thanks again for your wonderful place!
Lori, Thanks for a super review and great information for next guests. Will pass along your suggestions, always helpful. AND can hardly wait for you to come back next year!
The Seaquester in Duck, NC was perfect for our friends and family vacation. The house was gorgeous and the view spectacular. Waking up every morning and looking out across the ocean at sunrise was the highlight of the trip. Riding our bikes, walking on the beach, sitting by our private pool, and then happy hour on the deck couldn't have been any better. And of course having our fur babies with us was a huge plus.
Deb, So glad you all had a nice time at SEAQUESTER. It sounds like you found a great relaxation prescription! Thanks for taking the time to give us a 5-star review and letting other potential guest know. We'll see you next year!
Beautiful house with great location
The house has been nicely updated. The layout is great for groups, and the kitchen is really well stocked. Great location at the end of a quiet street with direct access to the beach.
Liz, So glad you enjoyed spending the Holiday Week at SEAQUESTER. It was a lovely week.Hope we will see you again soon!
volleyball & hestesko på stedet